ALBERTA OPEN FARM DAYS - August 17 & 18, 2019!
Posted on Monday August 12, 2019 at 02:19PM
Have you ever wanted to learn how your food gets to the grocery stores or markets before it gets on your table? Then you might want to mark your calendar for August 17th and 18th because you are not going to want to miss Alberta Open Farm Days! This two-day event is all about Alberta farmers inviting you to learn about the growing and farming process by stepping foot right on the farms. Listen to unique stories, witness demonstrations, and get your taste buds ready for a farm-to-table culinary experience you won’t forget!
Our TOP PICKS are:
1. Lac La Biche Events & Experiences has plenty of activities happening for Alberta Open Farm Days including a Farmer’s Market on Friday, beekeeping demonstration, a fun exhibition, and a multicultural culinary experience! Click the link here for the event page.
2. Camrose County - Prairie Fun Days - spend a weekend in the country on a self-drving tour OR hop on the bus that will tour across Camrose County. Learn where your food comes from, learn about grain farming, dairy farming and large machinery! Learn from producers that raise grass fed pork and beef.
Note some select farms are only open to the bus tour. Click here for all the information; bus tickets start at $40 and need to be purchased by Thursday at noon.
3. Smoky Lake, St. Paul, and Bonnyville.Feel free to participate in the self-driving tour where you can visit all the farms you want on your own time, however, if you want to relax on a bus tour instead get your tickets for the St. Paul Ag Tour on Saturday. Click here for more details.
For more details on the farms visit: https://files.townlife.com/public/uploads/documents/24832/St_Paul_Smoky_Lake_Alberta_Farm_Days_Flyer.pdf
Other farms in the region involved with Alberta Open Farm Days include:
Lamont County – Angel Meadow Farms: Ever wondered what makes all those delicious herbs like Cilantro, Basil, and Parsley so great? Angel Meadow Farms specializes in just that: MicroGreens! You can check out this farm on August 17th from 9:30am to 6pm.
Sherwood Park – Barr Estate Winery: What’s better than a farm tour with a wine tasting? Barr Estate Winery is offering fruit grove tours, a petting zoo, winery tours, wine tasting, and a BBQ picnic! They’ll be open from 12-5pm on both days of the event – take your pick!
Cooking Lake – Prairie Berry Farm: If berry picking has been on your summer to-do list, this is a great opportunity to head to Prairie Berry Farm. The Saskatoon berries in season and they’re looking especially juicy this year! Pre-picked berries are also available. This farm is open from 10am-7pm on both days.
Camrose – Grey Arrow Farm: There’s plenty to check out at Grey Arrow Farm! From touring the garden of sustainably grown herbs and veggies to stopping by both the honey and pottery vendors. Don’t forget to pick up some delicious fresh vegetables to take home! You can come out at any time between 10am-5pm on the 17th.
Camrose – TME Farm: Especially great to bring the kiddos along, TME Farms is a poultry, and egg production farm. Along with the tour, they offer meat and egg sales and sampling, and a kids play area. For a fee, you can even get a family portrait! Open all weekend.
Edgerton – Harden Garden: No farm tour is complete without seeing some of the animals! At Harden Garden, you can meet the pygmy goats, see the free-range chickens and ducks, and make a stop at the pop-up market before you head to your next stop. Harden Garden open to explore both days.
Vegreville – Prairie Pride Stock Farm: Make a special stop to Prairie Pride Stock Farm to learn all about beekeeping! This mixed farm also has gardens and cattle on rotational pastures, so you can see it all. Open all day on the 17th.
Thorhild – Rose Ridge Land & Cattle: Take the whole family out for a gardening experience at Rose Ridge Land & Cattle. They take pride in their natural, grass-fed beef, and want to tell you the story of where your food comes from. Food tasting and sales are also available at the tour. Open all weekend!
You can learn more about these farms and their locations by visiting www.AlbertaOpenFarmDays.ca
An agricultural adventure is waiting for you!
Author: Go East of Edmonton
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Halloween Happenings are Here!
- 15th Anniversary Vegreville Gun & Accessory Show Has Something For Everyone!
- Let's Go Sippin' East of Edmonton Summer 2019
- Must See Attractions on Road Trips East of Edmonton
- Let's Go Golfing East of Edmonton Summer 2019
- Let's Go Camping All Summer 2019
- Canada Day - East of Edmonton Style!
- Fantastic Father's Day & Family Fun in June!
- 2016 Go East Of Edmonton Prize Giveaway (1)
- 2016 Go East Of Edmonton Prize Giveawayest (1)
- 2017 Go East Of Edmonton Travel Guide (1)
- A Top Canadian Travel Blog (19)
- Agricultural Event (1)
- Alberta Open Farm Days (1)
- Announcement (32)
- Annual General Meeting (1)
- Contests (2)
- Events (19)
- Go East Of Edmonton Campground Guide (1)
- Go East Of Edmonton Travel Guide (1)
- June E Newsletter (2)
- Let's Go East Summer Blog 2018 (17)
- Let's Go East Summer Blog 2019 (5)
- Newsletters (8)
- Outdoor Adventures (1)
- Photo Contest (2)
- RTO News (2)
- Tradeshow (1)
- Travel Guide (7)
- Website (3)