We're Pumped for the 31st Annual Pumpkin Festival & Fair!!
Posted on Tuesday September 18, 2018 at 03:44PM
UPDATED BLOG *****2019 Smoky Lake Pumpkin Fair is Saturday, October 5th, 2019!!!*****
Last year, Don Crews of Lloydminster won with an 1884 lb pumpkin. He broke his previous site record of a 1652 lb pumpkin in 2017. Also won first place with a 131 lb watermelon. Even though this event is based around pumpkins there are many fun activities and events to choose from. A few that we won’t be missing are:
1. THE WEIGH-OFF!
Starts at 12:30 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
This is what we will be there for folks! These growers have been working hard all summer and are competing to produce the heaviest pumpkin, squash, watermelon and longest gourd in the world!!
2. Pumpkin Patch Visit & Auction
Starts at 3:00 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
Viewing the Pumpkin Patch and choosing which pumpkin to be bidding on! LOL That’s right!! You can purchase one of the largest pumpkins, AND the money will go towards a good cause! Half to the grower and the other half to the Smoky Lake and District Christmas Hamper.
3. The Pumpkin Drop
Starts at 5:30 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
Can you believe they put all this work into growing these massive pumpkins… and then they watch them get smashed! Definitely something to see that’s for sure!
4. Children’s Activities
From 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
At the Complex they will have everything from a petting zoo, and mini midway to face painting and balloons.
5. Iron Cruisers Show and Shine
From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
Downtown Smoky Lake
Check out cars, trucks, old and new, vintage and antiques all day. These events are always super interesting because you can chat with the owners of these cool vehicles, and learn all about their history and all the hard work that went into them.
There really is something for everyone at the Great White North Pumpkin Weigh-Off & Fair! They will have activities all over Smoky Lake: at the Complex, the Lions Den, H.A. Kostash School, Downtown, at the Museum and at the Warspite Community Hall. For your planning and travel convenience they have a FREE shuttle between these locations. See the complete schedule below.
Smoky Lake Weigh off & Fair Events Schedule
Friday, October 4, 2019
- All Gourds Registration - 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Pumpkin Kick-Off:
Free Pie and Coffee
Entertainment - 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Smoky Lake Agricultural Complex Events
18 years and up - $15
8 - 17 years - $5
7 years and under - FREE
8:00 am to 11:30 am
- NO Entries accepted after 11:30 am
- Food Service
Hall & Fair Grounds
- Music by "Northern Kings"
9:00 am to 12:00 noon
- Farmers' Market
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Kinsmen Gazebo and H.A Kostash School
- Arena Entertainment
10:00 am to 12 noon
WEIGH-OFF 12:30 P.M - Guest MC A.J. Keller
- Pumpkin Patch viewing and Giant Pumpkin Auction to follow
(50% of proceeds donated to Smoky Lake and District Christmas Hamper - 50% to Grower)
Other Saturday Venues
- Kinette Pancake Breakfast
8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Seniors Garage Sale
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Seniors Drop-Inn Centre, Downtown: Pie and Coffee
- Iron Cruisers Show and Shine
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Downtown: For information call - 780-656-2463
- Showcase Ukraine
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Ukrainian National Hall, Downtown
- Smoky Lake Museum
11:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Beer Gardens & Lunch Services
11:30 am to 4:30 pm
Smoky Lake Curling Rink Downtown
- Threshing Bee Demonstration
by Museum (weather permitting)
- Pumpkin Drop
- Supper and Dance
Warspite Hall - Music - Northern Kings
Sunday, October 6, 2019
- Pumpkin Classic (Smoky Lake Golf Course)
Fun Tournament - 9 Hole - Prizes
Tee time @ 12:00 Noon (weather permitting)
Join the thousands of people who flock to Smoky Lake this October 5, 2019 for the Smoky Lake 31st Annual Great White North Pumpkin Fair & Weigh-Off. This is a family focused event that will be sure to entertain the whole family for the day.
Looking for a place to stay?!
Smoky Lake Super 8
Smoky Lake Inn
For more to do and see while you’re in Smoky Lake see the Regions Agriculture & Culinary Adventures page here!
Or need help with any other part of your planning?! We are happy to help you plan a trip. Please feel free to contact our Go East of Edmonton team at 1-888-632-8755 or message us on Facebook.
Did you enjoy this blog?
Subscribe to get our monthly email full of deals, events, activities and Fun stuff all across the Go East of Edmonton Region! It's another great way for you to stay up to date on what's happening! Click here to Subscribe
Author: Go East of Edmonton
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Halloween Happenings are Here!
- 15th Anniversary Vegreville Gun & Accessory Show Has Something For Everyone!
- ALBERTA OPEN FARM DAYS - August 17 & 18, 2019!
- Let's Go Sippin' East of Edmonton Summer 2019
- Must See Attractions on Road Trips East of Edmonton
- Let's Go Golfing East of Edmonton Summer 2019
- Let's Go Camping All Summer 2019
- Canada Day - East of Edmonton Style!
- Fantastic Father's Day & Family Fun in June!
- 2016 Go East Of Edmonton Prize Giveaway (1)
- 2016 Go East Of Edmonton Prize Giveawayest (1)
- 2017 Go East Of Edmonton Travel Guide (1)
- A Top Canadian Travel Blog (19)
- Agricultural Event (1)
- Alberta Open Farm Days (1)
- Announcement (32)
- Annual General Meeting (1)
- Contests (2)
- Events (19)
- Go East Of Edmonton Campground Guide (1)
- Go East Of Edmonton Travel Guide (1)
- June E Newsletter (2)
- Let's Go East Summer Blog 2018 (17)
- Let's Go East Summer Blog 2019 (5)
- Newsletters (8)
- Outdoor Adventures (1)
- Photo Contest (2)
- RTO News (2)
- Tradeshow (1)
- Travel Guide (7)
- Website (3)