Ukrainian Music Festival at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
Posted on Wednesday August 23, 2017 at 04:52PM
Experience a live concert blending traditional and contemporary Ukrainian-Canadian music at the 32nd annual Music Fest presented by the Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society. Bring a lawn chair and spend the afternoon with Steven Chwok of 840 CFCW Zabava Program and Alberta’s most popular bands and musicians.
Visitors are enouraged to bring a lawn chair for seating.
Schedule of Events:
12 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.- Concert - Steven Chwok – Master of Ceremonies
1 p.m. & 3 p.m. - Historic Concert - Enjoy a 1920s style concert in our historic community hall-Kiew Hall (Times to be confirmed)
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.- Accordion Petting Zoo - Edmonton Accordion Society is on site to help and encourage you to try out the accordion
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES:
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - “Living History” with Historical Interpreters
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Village Market
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.- Gift Shop
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Feature Exhibit - Where We Came From
10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.- Courtyard Musical Entertainment - Terry Triska – Master of Ceremonies
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Exhibitor Showcase
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - 50/50 Draw in support of the Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society - Prize will be drawn at 4:30 p.m. at the Band Shell Stage
11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Children’s Activities
9 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Pancake Breakfast - In support of The Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society
11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Food Court
11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Sweets n’ Treats
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Ukrainian Foods at the “Summer Kitchen”
Program & activities subject to change without notice.
Author: Go East of Edmonton
Comment on our article:
- Alberta Fire Bans App
- Farm Registration for Alberta Open Farm Days
- Go East RTO Annual General Meeting
- Employment Opportunity with Go East of Edmonton
- 2018 Go East of Edmonton Travel Guide now available online!
- Go East Wins Tourism Marketing Award!
- Best Ever Vegreville Gun & Accessory Show Celebrates 50th Year of Vegreville Wildlife Federation
- Go East Awarded Grant for Regional Tourism Development
- Elk Island National Park gets Magical in the Winter