The Giving Continues with Go East of Edmonton
Posted on Thursday January 03, 2019 at 02:59PM
From the Go East Team - we want to express our sincere hopes that you have an Amazing New Year!!
We want your year to be full of Fun Adventures with many moments of joy and laughter!! Also, that those adventures and moments are shared with us!! As we bring you information and fun happenings around the region we love to see and hear about all you experience this Wonderful New Year!
Share your Photos on Instagram here!
Tell us your Fun Stories through Facebook here!
Connect with us and hear whats going on East of Edmonton here!
Be sure to Tweet us Here!
Win a Getaway to Sir Winston Churchill Cabins!
Christmas is not the only season to give... what better way to kick off a New Year than a Contest Giveaway!!
To enter the contest... All you have to do is...
- Tag someone in the Facebook thread who you would like to take, Like the post at Go East of Edmonton Facebook Page - it will be pinned at the top.
Oh ya... tag as many people as you'd like for multiple entries and increase your chances to WIN!
This is a Winter/Spring Getaway Giveaway - 2 free nights for a family at the Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park Cabins. It's a full service cabin. Must be used by April 30, 2019.
Contest runs from Thursday, January 3rd to Sunday, January 13th at midnight.
Yep!! It's That easy!! Best of Luck!
Things to do while you are there on your FREE Getaway!
- Cross Country Ski
- Beautiful trails and hiking path around the lake
- Relax and enjoy the sounds of nature surrounding you
- Ice fishing
Embrace Winter with these Fun Activities!
Cross Country Skiing
There are so many trails to try in the Go East of Edmonton region! For a complete list click here.
To highlight a few, read below
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre - Cross country ski and snowshoe rentals for all ages!
- Elk Island National Park - 100 kms of trails to choose from.
- Hamilton House Bed & Breakfast in Cold Lake - They provide rentals and groomed trails
A Few other popular, well-liked places are:
Alberta Parks (Sir Winston Churchill)
Cooking Lake/Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
Vermilion Provincial Park
Go East of Edmonton has Awesome Downhill Skiing
Enjoy the cool, crisp wind on your face as you sore down these hills East of Edmonton!
Kinosoo Ski Hill - Now open
Now to January 6th open from 10 am to 5 pm
After January 9th they are open:
Wednesday to Sunday 10 am to 5 pm
Saturdays 10 am - 8pm (YAY!! Night Skiing!)
Long Lake Ski Area - Open Weekends
Daily Until January 6 - 10 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday - 10 am to 4:30 pm
Mount Joy - Opens January 12th for the season**
Saturday & Sunday - 10 am to 4:00 pm
**Follow them on Facebook as this date is subject to weather
For more options see our Winter Activities!
Tubing Go East of Edmonton Style
Kinosoo Tube Park is ready and raring for YOU to Go Tubing! All you need is your winter gear, and an attitude for some serious fun and perhaps the Need for Speed! They provide the Tubes and a wonderful hill. For more information click here.
Elk Island National Park
Snowshoe & Stargaze
Cross Country Skiing
Author: Go East of Edmonton
Comment on our article:
- Halloween Happenings are Here!
- 15th Anniversary Vegreville Gun & Accessory Show Has Something For Everyone!
- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- 2018 Photo Contest Winners
- November Shopping Extravaganza is Here
- Calling All Garlic Lovers!
- A Grateful Good Time with GO East of Edmonton
- We're Pumped for the 30th Annual Pumpkin Festival & Fair!!