Bear Ridge Campground
on the North Saskatchewan River - 2 Hours East of Edmonton
IMPORTANT: To see the seasonal campground you MUST book a campsite tour as this is a locked gated community. NO DROP-INS allowed, appointment must be made.
Secluded large Seasonal Sites - One Seasonal site opening up for Summer 2018- contact us to be on our list for this site.
For any extra/overflow sites we are completely Full for July Long weekend, August long weekend and Sept long weekend.
SEASONAL SITE DETAILS:
- Full season is 5 full months - May 4, 2018 to October 7, 2018 (weather permitting)
- All fully treed, private and secluded sites
- Private, gated and secure with caretakers on site with over 20 years camping experience
- You get anytime access with the gate key during the season
- Only 25 RV sites so it is a relaxing quiet community - (current campers are mostly working families, some with small kids, ages range from the 30's to the 50's)
- Picnic table and a firepit supplied with every site
- A friendly visitors policy and preferred sites for your friends and family
- Pets are allowed - dogs MUST be on a leash at all times
- Special events and NEW outdoor movie theatre nites on the large screen
- Feels far away yet is close to towns for food and supplies
What's great about us...Activities and Outdoor Adventures...
Enjoy a more secluded wilderness camping experience with 1 mile of private river front access to the the North Saskatchewan River, amidst 200 acres of thick pristine forest. It's like camping and adventures in the mountains without the crowds and long drive. Incredible fishing in 2017! Some campers catching over 50 walleye in a weekend - catch and release. Plus awesome tubing and swimming as the river is very clean and shallow this past year.
Excellent boating, canoeing, kayaking, tubing, swimming, fishing, and beaches. Short and long tubing shuttle available. Go fishing for Sturgeon, Walleye, Goldeye, Sauger, Pike and more on the North Saskatchewan River. 3 lakes close by for very good fishing and motor boating with boat launches.
Campground Forest and Trails
Multiuse trails for hiking, biking including riverside trail to secluded beaches. Wildlife viewing - Yes we have bears in the area, but they are not a problem, they roam the forest areas - but so does the moose, deer, lynx, rabbits, squirrels, beavers, and more. Awesome birdwatching for Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, pelicans, ducks, swans, geese, and other shorebirds.
Playground plus Game Sites for all ages
Kids will enjoy the playground with 3 slides, trampoline and huge sand pile with toys, trail and forts. Games throughout campground include: Horseshoe Pits, Bean Bag Throw, Bola Ball, Beersbee, Disc Golf, Basket Ball Hoop and Badminton.
Nearby Golfing, Shopping, Dining, Museums
10 minutes to food, liquor, and gas in the Village of Myrnam and Golf Course. 20 minutes to shopping, dining, museum and golf course in the Town of St. Paul. Plus 2 other golf courses within half an hour.
Why buy or pay high rent when you can camp here at very affordable prices! Plus get FREE wood and FREE water...
Seasonal Site Rates:
- Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large available - from $1500 and up depending on size of site and how many full time RV's
- GST extra on all sites and fees
- Single RV or Double RV sites available
- Extra discounts for seasonal tenting
- Contact us for a complete tour before they are all booked
Services and Facilities:
Live comfortably with partial or no hookups and you never need to move your trailer so you can have a great camping experience with no inconvenience. Choose to DIY - Do It Yourself to service your RV or you can choose these services available:
- Power is no hookups. DIY by Generator or solar. (Its cheaper for you to buy a generator and solar than pay high prices for hookups elsewhere. We will also help you with all advice you need for power).
- Water is available with potable and non-potable and FREE to fill your trailer every month off our water truck/water station.
- Sewer Dump is available at the campsite with no charge to dump.
- Sewer Tank Hookup is available for an extra charge so you never have to worry about dumping.
- Sewer (Wastewater) Dumping Service is available for a Fee to empty your tanks; or use our portable sewer dolly to DIY empty your tanks at no charge.
- Toilets are conveniently located throughout the campground. There are 6 of them cleaned, deodorized and serviced daily on weekends or as needed by the cleaning crew.
- Garbage and Recycling is in a large garbage dumpster and other recycling bins are located throughout the campground.
- Wood and dead fall can be cut for FREE for your use or you can purchase at reduced rates wood that is dry, cut and split - ready to burn.
- Winter Storage is available for as little as $150 and includes security checking your site during the winter.
- Anytime RV and camping advice and assistance is available for maintenance or winterizing, etc.
Don't delay - if you are interested in a seasonal site contact us as we expect to be completely full by Spring 2018!
- "Wanted to let you know how impressed we were with your campground. It was truly amazing. Loved the seclusion, the games throughout the campground and the trails. You have a little piece of heaven there. We will be back again."
- "Camping here is like camping in the mountains."
- "We love it here because it's not busy, it peaceful and beautiful."
- "It's a fun RV community for both adults and kids with special events."
- "It's safer and secure than other places and not as busy."
- "Your rates are better and lower than other seasonal campgrounds."
- "You are the cleanest campground we have been to! Your sites are 2-3x larger than other places! Awesome wildlife viewing"!
- "Incredible fishing this year, I caught over 50 on the long weekend!"
Name: Bear Ridge Campground
Address: 2 hrs East of Edmonton, Alberta.
10 minutes North of Myrnam, Alberta or 20 minutes South of St Paul, Alberta.
Located: off Hwy 881 by the North Saskatchewan River. Contact us for exact directions. No Hwy Signs up yet.
Phone or Text: 780-275-0363