Bear Ridge Campground
on the North Saskatchewan River - 2 Hours East of Edmonton
Secluded large Seasonal Sites still available for 2018 -
Call or text now to book a tour and see the beautiful fall colours at the campground.
Special offers and savings on now till Oct 20th:
Rent a piece of paradise and get a FREE winter storage or other incentives. Ask about a FREE SITE for Campground hosts - still available for 2018.
SEASONAL SITE DETAILS:
- Full season is 5 full months - May 4, 2018 to October 7, 2018 (weather permitting)
- All fully treed, private and secluded sites
- Private, gated and secure with caretakers on site with over 20 years camping experience
- You get anytime access with the gate key during the season
- Only 25 RV sites so it is a relaxing quiet community - (current campers are mostly working families, some with small kids, ages range from the 30's to the 50's)
- Picnic table and a firepit supplied with every site
- A friendly visitors policy and preferred sites for your friends and family
- Pets are allowed - dogs MUST be on a leash at all times
- Special events and NEW outdoor movie theatre nites on the large screen
- Feels far away yet is close to towns for food and supplies
What's great about us...Activities and Outdoor Adventures...
Enjoy a more secluded wilderness camping experience with 1 mile of private river front access to the the North Saskatchewan River, amidst 200 acres of thick pristine forest. It's like camping and adventures in the mountains without the crowds and long drive. Incredible fishing in 2017! Some campers catching over 50 walleye in a weekend - catch and release. Plus awesome tubing and swimming as the river is very clean and shallow this past year.
Excellent boating, canoeing, kayaking, tubing, swimming, fishing, and beaches. Short and long tubing shuttle available. Go fishing for Sturgeon, Walleye, Goldeye, Sauger, Pike and more on the North Saskatchewan River. 3 lakes close by for very good fishing and motor boating with boat launches.
Campground Forest and Trails
Multiuse trails for hiking, biking including riverside trail to secluded beaches. Wildlife viewing - Yes we have bears in the area, but they are not a problem, they roam the forest areas - but so does the moose, deer, lynx, rabbits, squirrels, beavers, and more. Awesome birdwatching for Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, pelicans, ducks, swans, geese, and other shorebirds.
Playground plus Game Sites for all ages
Kids will enjoy the playground with 3 slides, trampoline and huge sand pile with toys, trail and forts. Games throughout campground include: Horseshoe Pits, Bean Bag Throw, Bola Ball, Beersbee, Disc Golf, Basket Ball Hoop and Badminton.
Nearby Golfing, Shopping, Dining, Museums
10 minutes to food, liquor, and gas in the Village of Myrnam and Golf Course. 20 minutes to shopping, dining, museum and golf course in the Town of St. Paul. Plus 2 other golf courses within half an hour.
Why buy or pay high rent when you can camp here at very affordable prices! Plus get FREE wood and FREE water...
Seasonal Site Rates:
- Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large available - from $1500 and up depending on size of site and how many full time RV's
- GST extra on all sites and fees
- Single RV or Double RV sites available
- Extra discounts for seasonal tenting
- Contact us for a complete tour before they are all booked
Services and Facilities:
Live comfortably with partial or no hookups and you never need to move your trailer so you can have a great camping experience with no inconvenience. Choose to DIY - Do It Yourself to service your RV or you can choose these services available:
- Power is no hookups. DIY by Generator or solar. (Its cheaper for you to buy a generator and solar than pay high prices for hookups elsewhere. We will also help you with all advice you need for power).
- Water is available with potable and non-potable and FREE to fill your trailer every month off our water truck/water station.
- Sewer Dump is available at the campsite with no charge to dump.
- Sewer Tank Hookup is available for an extra charge so you never have to worry about dumping.
- Sewer (Wastewater) Dumping Service is available for a Fee to empty your tanks; or use our portable sewer dolly to DIY empty your tanks at no charge.
- Toilets are conveniently located throughout the campground. There are 6 of them cleaned, deodorized and serviced daily on weekends or as needed by the cleaning crew.
- Garbage and Recycling is in a large garbage dumpster and other recycling bins are located throughout the campground.
- Wood and dead fall can be cut for FREE for your use or you can purchase at reduced rates wood that is dry, cut and split - ready to burn.
- Winter Storage is available for as little as $150 and includes security checking your site during the winter.
- Anytime RV and camping advice and assistance is available for maintenance or winterizing, etc.
Don't delay - if you are interested in a seasonal site contact us as we expect to be completely full by Spring 2018!
- "Wanted to let you know how impressed we were with your campground. It was truly amazing. Loved the seclusion, the games throughout the campground and the trails. You have a little piece of heaven there. We will be back again."
- "Camping here is like camping in the mountains."
- "We love it here because it's not busy, it peaceful and beautiful."
- "It's a fun RV community for both adults and kids with special events."
- "It's safer and secure than other places and not as busy."
- "Your rates are better and lower than other seasonal campgrounds."
- "You are the cleanest campground we have been to! Your sites are 2-3x larger than other places! Awesome wildlife viewing"!
- "Incredible fishing this year, I caught over 50 on the long weekend!"
Name: Bear Ridge Campground
Address: 2 hrs East of Edmonton, Alberta.
10 minutes North of Myrnam, Alberta or 20 minutes South of St Paul, Alberta.
Located: off Hwy 881 by the North Saskatchewan River. Contact us for exact directions. No Hwy Signs up yet.
Phone or Text: 780-275-0363
Get a FREE Site for 2018 - as a Campground Host/Maintenance Helper...a seasonal Job Opportunity, flexible with unique benefits. Great for a retired couple or if you have the summer off to spend at the campground.
Daily and Weekend Camping info about Bear Ridge Campground starts here...
Available for 2018:
Single RV sites, Double RV sites, Tenting sites.
To Book a Site: Tell us what size of Trailer(s) or Tent(s) and how many vehicles?
No Drop ins - All sites must be booked in advance. Or book a tour to see the campground.
Text or call 780-275-0363. See Email at bottom of page.
If you are looking for a place to party or go quadding - this is NOT the place for you.
DAILY - WEEKEND SITES: RATES & DISCOUNTS
Both RV and Tent sites are all unserviced - you are allowed to bring a generator.
Large, medium and small tent sites available. (Single RV, Double RV, & Pull thrus.) Riverview, Riverside and Roadside sites available.
Close to river, beach, trails, washroom/toilet, water stations and more.
Pets - Cats and other small pets allowed. Dogs must be on a leash at all times. No Exceptions. No loud or yappy barking dogs allowed!
All sites have a picnic table and have a firepit.
Wood - DIY wood is included Free. Cut, chopped and split wood is $10-$12 per tub. NO OUTSIDE WOOD ALLOWED due to threat of contamination of diseases and insects.
Daily- Weekend 2017 Rates
$25 + gst per RV or Tent camping unit with one vehicle per nite.
(based on 1 family or up to 4 adults, extra people-extra charges may apply)
- + $20 + gst per extra Tent with a vehicle in the same site as another Tent or RV camping unit may apply.
- + $15 + gst for extra Tent with no vehicle may apply.
- + $5 each per day for Extra vehicle for day or overnight visitors may apply
Rates are subject to change for 2018.
How to Reserve a site:
Call or Text 780-275-0363 to discuss rates or to book a site. No Fee for reservations. Credit card required to reserve a site. The above rates are Cash rates on site, or can pay by MC or Visa in advance.
Note: weekday discounts do not apply just before or just after a long weekend/holidays. Cancellation policy - for regular weekends - if cancelling with less than 3 days notice, you will be charged one nite rent. For Long weekends - 7 days notice required.
2 Weekend Rate - stay one weekend 2 nites, and leave your trailer/camping unit in the site till the next weekend and stay up to 3 more nites. = Total rate of $150 per camping unit +gst.
Weekly Rate (7 consecutive nites) = $ 150 per camping unit +gst.
2 Week Rate (14 consecutive nites) = $ 275 per camping unit +gst.
Monthly Rate (4 weeks) = $ 400 (non RV's) - $500 per RV camping unit +gst. Ask about 2 Month rate.
Special Events, Birthday Party Sites: call for rates, details, and facilities available.
All rates are subject to change for 2018.
SERVICES for Daily or Weekend Campers
No Power hookups. Generators are allowed. Power is very easy to DIY. Solar panel rental minimum $5 or $10 per day.
Water Available: Potable and Non-Potable Water is provided from our tanks for use for daily needs. Longer Term Rentals - you can DIY refill your trailers for free or water delivery to your site is available for a charge.
Washrooms/Toilets (6 of them) are located along our riverside and roadside sites. Cleaned and refreshed daily.
Sewer Dump - Dump station is along our main road. Onsite trailer pumpout available call for rates.
Wood - Both Free and Charged Wood is available - Cut, chopped and split is $10/$12 per tub. NO OUTSIDE WOOD ALLOWED.
Ask us about Free wood available. All Rates subject to change.
Security - this is a secured campground gated and locked with in and out privileges for all. Staff ensure safety and security of campers and their property.
Bear Ridge Campground - About us...
on the North Saskatchewan River in Two Hills County, Alberta
Located: 10 minutes north of Myrnam; 20 minutes south of St. Paul; 1.5 hours northwest of Lloydminster; 2 hours east of Edmonton. Note: you must make an appointment or reservation to tour the campground. Sorry - No drop ins - see more below how to contact us.
Enjoy a secluded wilderness camping experience with private beaches and 1 mile of private river front access to the the North Saskatchewan River, amidst 200 acres of pristine forest, and multi-use trails. This is a gated private wilderness park exclusive to our guests.
RECREATION AREAS & ACTIVITIES
- Wilderness park area is 200 acres of pristine Boreal forest along the riverbank.
- Scenic views and undulating hills, ridges and valleys will make you feel like you are camping in the mountains.
- Over 1 mile of wilderness multi-use trails are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, etc. ( No ATV's - No Quadding is allowed for weekend camping.) Awesome mountain bike trails!
- Amazing wildlife viewing opportunities exist to see bald eagles, pelicans, bears, moose, deer, squirrels, rabbits and more.
- 1 mile of riverfront with partially developed and undeveloped private beaches totally uncrowded and secluded. Enjoy access to a very secluded part of the river great for launching small boats, canoes, kayaks, tubing, fishing and exploring. Awesome Tubing!
- 4 golf courses within 30 minutes away, with the Myrnam golf course only 10 minutes away.
- Amenities nearby: shop for food, fuel, liquor, ice cream, burgers and more only 10 minutes away in Myrnam.
- Playground and Game Sites: Kids playground developed plus horsehoe pits, bean bag throw and other games and recreation areas.
To Make RESERVATIONS or to Tour Sites
By appointment only in 2018. Sorry No drop ins - you must make an appointment or reservation to visit the campground.
IMPORTANT: Tell us what size of Trailer(s) or Tent(s) and how many vehicles? And tell us how many people in total? ( # of adults? and # of children?).
We are new so we do not have signs up, and we are a private secluded gated campground. Directions and full access are provided when you book your site.
Payment: cash on site or cheque in advance or Visa, MC, e-transfer.
Contact us for more details:
Phone or Text: 780-275-0363
Back to Recommended Campgrounds