Bear Ridge Campground
North Saskatchewan River - 2 Hours East of Edmonton
What's Great about us...Enjoy a more secluded wilderness camping experience with 1 mile of private river front access to the the North Saskatchewan River, amidst 200 acres of thick pristine forest. It's like camping and adventures in the Mountains without the crowds and long drive.
Special Offers on now till June 30 - see News section below.
Lots of Activities and Outdoor Adventures...Secluded Spacious Pristine Uncrowded Forest Camping plus much more.
Water Adventures: excellent boating, canoeing, kayaking, Tubing, swimming, fishing, and beaches. Go Fishing for Sturgeon, Walleye, Goldeye, Sauger, Pike and more on the North Saskatchewan River. 3 lakes close by for very good Fishing and Motor Boating with boat launches.
Campground Forest Adventures: Multiuse Trails for hiking, biking including riverside trail to secluded beaches. Wildlife Viewing - Yes we have Bears in the area, but they do not enter the campground- they roam the Forest Reserve - but so does the Moose, Deer, Lynx, Rabbits, Squirrels, Beavers, and more. Awesome Birdwatching for Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, Pelicans, Ducks, Swans, Geese, and other shorebirds.
Playground for Kids with 3 slides, trampoline and huge sand pile with toys. Game sites include: Horseshoe pits, Bean Bag Throw, Bola Ball, Disc Golf, Basket Ball Hoop, Badminton.
Nearby: Golf, Shopping, Dining, Museums. 10 minutes to food, liquor, gas in Village of Myrnam and Golf Course. 20 minutes to shopping, St Paul Museum and golf course. Plus 2 other golf courses within half an hour.
Camping the way it should be...All Campsites are Treed, Secluded, some Riverview or Riverside. Unserviced Campsites for Rent: daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal.
Sites available for: motorhomes, travel trailers, tents, new cabin under construction.
SERVICES: Water available, Sewer dump. DIY power by solar or generator. Wood - Dry Cut/split available, or other wood included Free.
Toilet Facilities: 6 Toilets/Porta Potties throughout campground - Cleaned daily! Large Garbage Bin and Recycling bins.
RATES as low as: $1600/annual-season, $500/month or $25/nite weekends +gst.
Other rates and discounts available. Full campsite tours are available in any month.
Scroll Down to see our News and Detailed Camping and Rate Info.
Bear Ridge News Update - Posted June 13, 2017
ALL Full for July Long Weekend
A Few SEASONAL CAMPING SITES still available for 2017. Choose from:
Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large available. From $1500 and up depending on size of site.
Contact us for a Tour before they are all booked.
Discounts for Seasonal Tenting.
Deals for Seasonal Sites include: Free Wood and Free Water for the season, plus...
SPECIAL OFFERS TILL June 30:
- Book a Seasonal Site for 2017 and get a minimum $100 off depending on move in date.
WEEKEND CAMPING Availability...JUNE:
June 9-11 - All Full No Sites available.
June 16-18 Fathers Day weekend - No Sites available.
June 23-25 - All Full No sites Available.
June 30 - July 3 - July Long Weekend - ALL FULL NO SITES available.
Awesome Big Group Site available most weekends for 2017.
Secluded Treed, long driveway, can park up to 4 trailers, and or plus Tents.
Booked July Long and Aug 18-20 only so far. Contact us for details.
August, September Long Weekend - Sites still available!
Myrnam Fair weekend - July 21-23, Sites still Available.
1. Awesome Treed Tenting sites in the Pines, and Riverview.
2. Other single or double RV (small group) sites available.
Cash, E-Transfer, Visa, MC accepted. Credit card needed to book a site.
All Fully Treed or Secluded Sites, some are Riverview. - the way Camping should be !!
SUMMER and FALL - Awesome Tubing and Boating with good Fishing on the crystal clear North Saskatchewan River at Bear Ridge campground. Mountain bike Trails are in great shape. Bring your toys and have some fun!
Camp Store and Giftshop - will be open by May Long weekend till Sept. Long weekend.
Camping supplies, souvenirs, fun stuff for the kids, Ice Cream, Freezies, candy and more.
Name: Bear Ridge Campground
Address: 2 hrs East of Edmonton, Alberta.10 minutes North of Myrnam, Alberta, 20 minutes South of St Paul, AB.
Located: off Hwy 881 by the North Saskatchewan River. Contact us for exact directions. No Hwy Signs up yet.
Phone or Text: 780-275-0363
Detailed Info about Bear Ridge Campground starts here.
Scroll all the way down for complete details and more photos.
Sites for Regular Weekend Rv and Tent Campers: Open, but Now full till July 2017
Available for 2017:
Single RV sites, Double RV sites, Tenting sites.
To Book a Site: Tell us what size of Trailer(s) or Tent(s) and how many vehicles?
No Drop ins - All sites must be booked in advance. Or book a tour to see the campground.
Text or call 780-275-0363. See Email at bottom of page.
DAILY - WEEKEND SITES: RATES & DISCOUNTS
Both Rv and Tent sites are all unserviced -you are allowed to bring a generator.
Large, medium and small tent sites available. (Single Rv, Double RV, & Pull thrus.) Riverview, Riverside and Roadside sites available.
Close to river, beach, trails, washroom/toilet, water stations and more.
Pets - Cats and other small pets allowed. Dogs must be on a leash at all times. No Exceptions. No loud or yappy barking dogs allowed! Failure to keep your dog on a leash will get you evicted. (The following are Not Allowed because careless campers have caused problems in the past with these types of dogs. For safety purposes Not Allowed- No Pitbulls, No Dobermans, No Rottweillers. )
All sites have a picnic table and have a firepit.
Wood - DIY wood is included Free. Cut, chopped and split wood is $10-$12 per tub. NO OUTSIDE WOOD ALLOWED due to threat of contamination of diseases and insects.
Daily- Weekend Rates and Holidays = Open May 19 to Sept 11, 2017. (weather permitting)
- $25 + gst per RV or Tent camping unit with one vehicle per nite.
(based on 1 family or up to 4 adults, extra people-extra charges may apply)
- + $20 + gst per extra Tent with a vehicle in the same site as another Tent or RV camping unit may apply.
- + $15 + gst for extra Tent with no vehicle may apply.
- + $5 each per day for Extra vehicle for day or overnight visitors may apply
How to Reserve a site:
Call or Text 780-275-0363 to discuss Rates or to book a site.No Fee for Reservations. Credit card required to reserve a site. The above rates are Cash rates on site, or can pay by MC or Visa in advance.
Note: weekday discounts do not apply just before or just after a long weekend/holidays. Cancellation policy- for regular weekends - if cancelling with less than 3 days notice, you will be charged one nite rent. For Long weekends - 7 days notice required.
2 Weekend Rate - stay one weekend 2 nites, and leave your trailer/camping unit in the site till the next weekend and stay up to 3 more nites. = Total rate of $150 per camping unit +gst.
Weekly Rate (7 consecutive nites) = $ 150 per camping unit +gst.
2 Week Rate (14 consecutive nites) = $ 275 per camping unit +gst.
Monthly Rate (4 weeks) = $ 400 (non RV's) - $500 per RV camping unit +gst. Ask about 2 Month rate.
Special Events, Birthday Party Sites: call for rates, details, and facilities available.
No Power hookups. Generators are allowed. Power is very easy to DIY. Solar panel rental minimum $10 per day.
Water Available: Potable and Non-Potable Water is provided from our tanks for use for daily needs. Long Term Rentals- you can DIY refill your trailers for free or water delivery to your site is available for a charge.
Washrooms/Toilets (6 of them) are located along our riverside and roadside sites. Cleaned and refreshed daily.
Sewer Dump - Dump station is along our main road. For long term rentals; Dumping to a waste tank is available, as well as new auxillary sewer hookup is extra. Onsite trailer pumpout available call for rates.
Wood - Both Free and Charged Wood is available - Cut, chopped and split is $10/$12 per tub. NO OUTSIDE WOOD ALLOWED.
Ask us about Free wood available.
All Rates subject to change.
Security- this is a secured campground gated and locked with in and out privilages for all. Staff ensure safety and security of campers and their property.
Bear Ridge Campground - About us...
on the North Saskatchewan River in Two Hills County, Alberta
Located: 10 minutes north of Myrnam; 20 minutes south of St. Paul; 1.5 hours northwest of Lloydminster; 2 hours east of Edmonton. Note: you must make an appointment or reservation to tour the campground. Sorry - No drop ins- see more below how to contact us.
Enjoy a secluded wilderness camping experience with private beaches and 1 mile of private river front access to the the North Saskatchewan River, amidst 200 acres of pristine forest, and multiuse trails. This is a gated private wilderness park exclusive to our guests.
Our campers say we are not like other campgrounds...WHY WE ARE BETTER THAN OTHER CAMPGROUNDS:
- we are unique, our sites are more secluded, farther apart, larger, level, more treed than other campgrounds.
- It's like camping in the mountains among huge trees, our visitors love the forest trails, the wildlife viewing, the river, and much more.
- They say they like it better here because it is not busy, quieter and its a nice, beautiful campground.
- We are Not packed with people -only 25 Rv sites in total. Plus its a fun Rv community for both adults and kids with special events & more.
- more safer and secure than other places. No drop-in/drive thru traffic so less congested than other places.
- our rates are better and lower than other seasonal campgrounds.
- NEW TESTIMONIALS:
- You are the cleanest campground we have been to! Your sites are 2-3x larger than other places! Awesome wildlife viewing!
SEASONAL SITESOpening May - October - weather permitting. Currently we have a few sites available for seasonal sites - but could change at any time. If you are interested in a seasonal lot for 2017 contact us for a complete tour - Rented on a first come first served basis.
We invite you to come tour this new riverside park and see our beautiful new sites. Seasonal campers receive gate key for anytime access.
Don't delay- if you are interested in a monthly or seasonal site contact us to get on the list as we are renting out faster than we can build sites.
Note: if your main purpose is to find a place to Party or to go Quadding - this is Not the place for you!
All are secluded treed/wilderness professionally built sites/lots - Large or small RV's as well as Tents welcome. Our seasonal rates are much lower than other campgrounds because the sites are unserviced. Ask us about our servicing options so you can power your unit and never need to move your trailer so you can refill or empty your tanks and have a great camping experience with no inconvenience.
$1500-$2500 per Seasonal/Annual site/lot. +gst.
Rate is based on the following:
a) size of lot/site,
b) length of season or annual
c) additional seasonal, monthly or daily camping units extra.
Monthly as low as $500 for RV's per unit and as low as $400 for tenting or small sites. + gst
Basic picnic tables and firepits are available for these sites plus Free wood. Insurance and registration is required for all RV's and vehicles used on site. Small portable canvas/plastic/wood sheds allowed on seasonal sites. Day Guests allowed at no extra charge on weekdays- ask for details.
NOTE; Cats and other small pets allowed. There is a strict Dog Policy - Pets - Dogs must be on a leash at all times. No Exceptions. No loud or yappy barking dogs allowed! Failure to keep your dog on a leash can incur eviction. (The following are Not Allowed because careless campers have caused problems in the past with these types of dogs. For safety purposes these Not Allowed- No Pitbulls, No Dobermans, No Rottweillers.)
Contact us for the complete list of Rules, Facilities and Frequently Asked Questions.
- No Power hookups. Power is very easy to DIY. Ask us about renting or buying a solar panel. It will charge your RV battery but will not run the microwave or large appliances. Solar panel rental $10. per day. We do Not rent Generators.
- Potable/Water is provided from our tanks for use to refill your trailer and for other uses. Natural spring water also available. Water delivery to your site is available for a charge.
- Washroom/Toilets are located along our riverside and roadside sites. Cleaned and refreshed daily.
- Sewer - Dumping to a waste tank is available, as well as new auxillary sewer hookup is extra. Onsite trailer pumpout available call for rates.
- Wood - ask about Free Wood thats available - Cut, chopped and split is $10/$12 per tub.
- All Rates subject to change.
- Security- this is a secured campground gated and locked with in and out privilages for all. Staff ensure safety and security of campers and their property.
RECREATION AREAS & ACTIVITIES
• Wilderness park area is 200 acres of pristine Boreal forest along the riverbank.
• Scenic views and undulating hills, ridges and valleys will make you feel like you are camping in the mountains.
• Over 1 mile of wilderness multiuse trails are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, etc.
( No ATV's - No Quadding is allowed for weekend camping.) Awesome Mountain bike trails!
• Amazing wildlife viewing opportunities exist to see bald eagles, pelicans, bears, moose, deer, squirrels, rabbits and more.
• 1 mile of riverfront with partially developed and undeveloped private beaches totally uncrowded and secluded. Enjoy access to a very secluded part of the river great for launching small boats, canoes, kayaks, tubing, fishing and exploring. Awesome Tubing!
• 4 golf courses within 30 minutes away, with the Myrnam golf course only 10 minutes away.
• Amenities nearby: shop for food, fuel, liquor, ice cream, burgers and more only 10 minutes away in Myrnam.
• New Playground and Game sites: Kids playground developed plus horsehoe pits, bean bag throw and other games and recreation areas.
To Make RESERVATIONS or to Tour Sites
By appointment only in 2017. Sorry No drop ins- you must make an appointment or reservation to visit the campground.
IMPORTANT: Tell us what size of Trailer(s) or Tent(s) and how many vehicles? And tell us how many people in total? ( # of adults? and # of children?).
We are new so we do not have signs up, and we are a private secluded gated campground. Directions and full access are provided when you book your site.
Payment: cash on site or cheque in advance or Visa, MC in advance.
Contact us for more details:
Phone or Text: 780-275-0363
Back to Recommended Campgrounds
Click for Camping Section in the Go East of Edmonton Travel Guide