Friends of Battle River Railway Excursions
Off the Rails Good Times for All!
Take a ride on the Battle River Railway, where you can enjoy spectacular scenery around Alliance, the 'medieval village' of Galahad, and Canada’s Largest Baseball Glove in Heisler - all on the route through the southern part of the region.
Check out these 2018 Theme Based Day Excursions on the Battle River Railway:
- March 17: St. Patrick's Day Casino Train - Dance a jig while you follow the rainbow down the rails to Forestburg to find your pot of gold. Gather at the Train Station, where the luck of the Irish resides. Bet your fun money at real gambling tables and enjoy a cocktail bar and appetizers.
- May 6: The "Me" Train, A Time-Out Day - Take the "Me" Train and enjoy a day for yourself with meditation, gentle yoga, and a lovely meal. Create an inspirational sigh with Vintage Creations. Spend the day taking care of "you".
- June 24: Historic Heisler Hotel Excursion - Travel into the past with a visit to a vintage hotel where you will enjoy a meal just like grandma used to make. Tour the Heisler General Store and historic St. Martin's Catholic Church. Small-town hospitality at its finest!
- July 1: 100 Year Celebration in Alliance - Come celebrate Alliance's Centennial! The village with an artistic touch invites you to ride the rails and have a once-in-one hundred-year experience! A parade, doll museum, beer gardens, indigenous dancers, historical scavenger hunt, local author readings, arts and craft displays, and a picnic meal will make up this complete day of family fun in rural Alberta.
- August 18: Great Battle River Railway Train Robbery - Gather at the restored railway foremen's house in Alliance and jump on the train. Along the rails, watch out for masked men on horseback! In Heisler, you will enjoy dinner with all the fixin's, then head back to Alliance with full bellies and possibly empty pockets... (Ticket includes meal).
- October 27: Battle River Haunted Train - Get spooked on this Haunted Train! Spine tingling tales will be told on your way down the tracks to Forestburg, where you will be creeped out in the Station basement. This run is not for the weak of heart; ages 12 and older only on this excursion! When your heart rate slows down, share your scary stories over appetizers and refreshments.
- October 28: Octoberfest - Find your lederhosen for the wunderbar Octoberfest train. Board in Kelsey and polka down the tracks to the famous 63rd annual Heisler Community Sausage Supper. Oom-pa-pa!
- November 24, 25: Murder on the Battle River Express! - A murder will take place on the Battle River Express.... Find out whodunit with a murder mystery by the Flagstaff Players and a traditional Christmas feast, with a licensed bar. A perfect Christmas party idea for businesses and families looking for something more unique.
- December 8: Santa Daze, The Battle River Railway Christmas Train - A magical Christmas train experience with Santa's elves, music, and much merriment! Bring your skates, explore the market and roast a hotdog at the bonfire. Don't forget your wish list, as a visit from Santa is guaranteed! End the evening with the Parade of Lights and fireworks. (Ticket includes lunch and wiener roast).
Book early as these will sell out fast!
Name: Battle River Railway
Address: Headquartered in Forestburg, Alberta
Check us out on facebook!
Back to Featured Attractions