Friends of Battle River Railway Excursions
Off the Rails Good Times for All!
Take a ride on the Battle River Railway, where you can enjoy spectacular scenery around Alliance, the 'medieval village' of Galahad, and Canada’s Largest Baseball Glove in Heisler - all on the route through the southern part of the region.
Check out these 2017 Theme Based Day Excursions on the Battle River Railway:
- April 8 - Easter Eggs-travaganza
- May 17 - Scandinavian Days
- June 10 - Historic Heisler Hotel Train Run
- August 12 & 13 - Old Time Market Days
- August 19 - Family Fun Run - Old fashioned fun is the name of the game for this excursion. Ride the rails from Forestburg to Heisler. Your afternoon will be full of events like the three-legged race, candy toss, and chicken coop bingo. Dress your family in vintage clothing at the photo booth. Depart Forestburg at 1:00 pm. Return from Heisler at 5:00 pm.
- August 20 - The Great Battle River Train Robbery - Gather at the restored Railway Foreman's House in Alliance and jump on the steam train. Along the rails, watch out for masked men on horseback! Lunch will be served at the Historic Heisler Hotel. You will head back to Alliance with full bellies and possibly empty pockets. Cost of ticket includes lunch. Depart Alliance at 11:00 am Return from Heisler at 3:30 pm.
- October 29 - Octoberfest Train
- October 31 - Haunted Train Station (Adults only event)
Book early as these will sell out fast!
Name: Battle River Railway
Address: Headquartered in Forestburg, Alberta
Check us out on facebook!
Back to Featured Attractions
Click for the online copy of our 2017 Go East of Edmonton Travel Guide